- I'm having problems with VNC Deployment Tool
Typically, most error messages you get from VNC Deployment Tool indicate a problem with the underlying network configuration---often a permissions problem. That is the case with anything that say
- Setblocking. An operation was attempted on something that is not a socket (10038...
This article applies to the following product(s):
After upgrading to VNC v5.0, you may receive the following error:
Setblocking. An operation was attempted on some
- I'm receiving the error "Connection Timed Out" (10060)
...pecified IP address, even to reject the connection. It usually indicates a misconfigured router or firewall. If you a
- Add VNC Server exceptions to your firewall
...owing product(s): VNC Mac OS X 10.7.4 / 10.8 If VNC Server is not added as an exception to your firewall settings
- After upgrading from VNC Server 4.6.x to 5.0, the old firewall exception is not ...
...s article applies to the following product(s): VNC After upgrading from VNC 4.6.x to 5.0, the old firewall exception is not removed and neither is the vncserver_firewall
- How do I connect to another computer over the internet?
Please be sure to read this guide fully, and ensure tha
- How do I allow connections through my firewall?
Under Windows, VNC Server will attempt to add itself as an exception during installation to the current profile only. If this is not possible for some reason, or if you want to add a
- I'm receiving the error "An attempt was made to access a socket in a w...
This error normally occurs because the VNC Server PC has some internet security software operating that prevents the VNC Server software from binding to
- Does VNC work with Norton/Symantec Endpoint Security?
Yes, VNC Server will work with this particular firewall, although you'll need to configure certain things: 1) As with any firewall, you'll need to ensure that you either add TCP port 5900 as
- I'm receiving the error (11001)
"Error 11001 " indicates that no response was received from the specified IP address or hostname. It usually indicates an incorrect IP address or hostname has been e
- I'm using ISA Server 2003 and can't connect to VNC Server on another n...
This potentially affects all versions of Microsoft ISA Server, but we've only encountered it with ISA Server 2003. Your ISA Server may be configured to "police" the outbound connections of your networ...
- Error connecting to a Listening VNC Viewer - "awaitEvent failed: The handle...
When trying to connect to a Listening VNC Viewer, you receive an error: "awaitEvent failed: The handle is invalid. (6)". This might be caused by a Windows Firewall in an error state. For example, chec...