- Notes on using VNC over a VPN connection
In certain circumstances a user may be required to connect over a VPN (ie, access to an enterprise network). Using VNC over a VPN connection may suffer from cert
- How can I improve the speed of my connection? ("I'm receiving slow per...
There are a few settings that can be modified in VNC Viewer and VNC Server to help the situation. From within VNC Server > Options there are a few desktop optimization settings you could try c
- I'm receiving the error "The dynamic linked library SHLWAPI.dll could ...
This error message is specific to Windows NT 4.0. Installing Internet Explorer 4 or higher, will resolve the issue.
- Can I connect over the internet from VNC Viewer Plus to an AMT KVM server?
VNC Viewer Plus is primarily intended for use within a domain environment. It can connect over the internet to an AMT KVM server computer but, due to routing restricti
- How do I connect to another computer over the internet?
Please be sure to read this guide fully, and ensure tha
- Do you provide support for VNC Free Edition/VNC Open?
Note: VNC Free Edition was renamed VNC Open in June 2012. We do not currently provide technical support for VNC Open. More information about this product, and a link to the
- I'm receiving the error "Unable to connect to host <hostname> (1...
...ly means "The server name cannot be resolved", which suggests a problem with the provided hostname, internet/network connection or similar. Please double check what you are
- I'm receiving the error "An attempt was made to access a socket in a w...
This error normally occurs because the VNC Server PC has some internet security software operating that prevents the VNC Server software from binding to
- I'm trying to use VNC Viewer for Java and it's not working.
To use the VNC Viewer for Java, you'll need to enter the IP address of VNC Server into your browser (Internet Explorer, Firefox), and specify the correct port. By default, VNC Viewer for Java is serve...
- Can I connect from my iOS device to Screen Sharing built-in to Mac OS X?
You can connect to Screen Sharing built-in to Mac OS X, but please note that Apple have identified issues in this service which may impact behavior and performance. Instead, RealVNC recommen
- What port(s) does VNC Deployment Tool run on?
VNC Deployment Tool uses Microsoft's standard remote access APIs rather than using specific ports directly. Some firewalls have built-in rules to enable these, usually called "Enable file sh
- I can connect over Wi-Fi, but I cannot connect over 3G or from another network
If you're able to connect over your Wi-Fi connection but not over 3G (or Edge, GPRS), or if you've not tried Wi-Fi and simply can't connect over 3G, this is because you need to configure the network w...