- Unable to licence server: "XML error 0:0 Error: First Tag not found"
When running the license wizard or vnclicense -add from the command line, you may see the error "XML error 0:0 Error: First Tag not found". This is likely to mean that the Windows Event Log servi
- My cursor appears to blink/flicker on the remote computer's physical displa...
This is normal when using "Capture alpha-blended windows" and is an artefact of the way in which Windows handles alpha-blended windows and cursors. Yo
- I can't send a Ctrl-Alt-Delete combination to my Windows 7 computer
There is a default system policy in Windows 7 that prevents system services from sending Ctrl-Alt-Del (the Secure Attention Sequence, "SAS"). Note that only the VNC Server in Service Mode may proces...
- Does VNC Server support IPv6
Platforms supporting IPv6
VNC Enterprise Edition 4.1.7 and later & Personal Edition 4.1.2 and later support both IPv6 and IPv4 on the following platforms:
Windows XP, 20
- "Secure encryption key is missing or corrupt" error on Windows
This article applies to the following product(s): VNC VNC Enterprise Edition VNC Personal Edition
- Windows/super key being sent to both local and remote machine from VNC Viewer on...
When connecting using VNC Viewer from Ubuntu and pressing the Windows/Super key, the Windows/Super key stroke is interpreted by both the local and remote machine. The dash is opened on Ubuntu and (for...
- VNC Server won't start - "RegisterEventSource: The interface is unknow...
...ver on Windows, you may see the following error: "RegisterEventSource: The interface is unknown (1717)" This error indicates that the Windows
- Remoting the console and RDP sessions
Windows Vista and later
VNC Server in Service Mode remotes the session on the console (that is, what is visible to a user sitting in front of the machine). When a Remote Desktop Protocol (
- VNC Server licensing in non-standard environments or after hardware changes
VNC Server must be licensed to run. Normally, a license is entered on installation, and VNC Server does not need to be licensed again. However, there are various scenarios in which the license might
- I'm having problems with VNC Deployment Tool
Typically, most error messages you get from VNC Deployment Tool indicate a problem with the underlying network configuration---often a permissions problem. That is the case with anything that say
- How do I uninstall under Windows?
This article applies to the following product(s): VNC VNC Enterprise Edition VNC Personal Edition Navigate to Control Panel, and uninstall the VNC Server a
- Setblocking. An operation was attempted on something that is not a socket (10038...
This article applies to the following product(s):
After upgrading to VNC v5.0, you may receive the following error:
Setblocking. An operation was attempted on some
- Slow performance
Some users have experienced slow performance when connecting over VNC. This problem has been identified on Matrox G200-based integrated graphics cards which are relatively low spec and only have
- How can I improve the speed of my connection? ("I'm receiving slow per...
There are a few settings that can be modified in VNC Viewer and VNC Server to help the situation. From within VNC Server > Options there are a few desktop optimization settings you could try c
- I'm receiving the error "The dynamic linked library SHLWAPI.dll could ...
This error message is specific to Windows NT 4.0. Installing Internet Explorer 4 or higher, will resolve the issue.
- Does VNC Server create a log file on Windows 98?
Under Windows 98, VNC Server logs all connection attempts and error messages to C:\temp\winvnc4.log.
- VNC Server is not removing my Windows background
There are some limitations to the "Remove Desktop background" feature of VNC Server. VNC Server cannot remove the background if you:
Are using active desktop
- Using the VNC Deployment Tool on Windows 7
When running the VNC Deployment Tool on Windows 7, you will need to:
Ensure that you're logged on as the Domain Administrator
Right-click on the VNC Deployment Tool icon and
- Using Interactive Services prevents VNC connections on Windows Vista and later
This article applies to the following products:
VNC Enterprise 4.6 VNC 5.0
On Windows Vista or Server 2008, and later, if the Interactive Service
- How to show the F8 menu on Macbooks and other laptops
VNC Viewer allows you to specify a function key which, when pressed, brings up an options menu. By default, this is set to F8 - but can be configured in VNC Viewer > Options, to any other function ...